Announcement

Come back regularly for more information and resources on fathering.
Let's be learners together!
Fathers Club 2012 Brochure: Click here
Website Shortcut: http://tinyurl.com/fathersclub

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Moving forward

A small group of like minded fathers (3 others + me) are meeting tonight at Kopitiam to dream some initial thoughts to Fathers Club. I was expecting maybe only a handful who may be serious enough to commit themselves to this when I preached last weekend. I thought if I can get 20 to 25 men who would do this, we can start small. But we are overwhelmed! Just over the weekend, as many as 105 men have indicated with the form that they are interested in Fathers Club. Out of this, 80 have indicated they will be at our first breakfast meeting and 86 indicated they will join the 7-session study group. Out of the 105, 8 are single men.

This is an overwhelming response and I pray it will translate into a movement of encouraging fathers to Mature, Mentor and Multiply their lives effectively for their families.

I have gotten someone to design a logo for DUMC Fathers Club to give us an identity.

Emails will be sent out to you on the logistics for the meeting. Please respond when you receive the email. My initial thought is to have a simple breakfast at 8 am, start the meeting at 8.30 am and finish by 10.30 am.

Further to that, here's a link to Loong's blog who did a summary of my sermon:

Interestingly, I came across this book:

No comments:

Post a Comment